2:56 PM

Easter Weekend

For Easter weekend, my parents came up to Salt Lake and we had our annual "egg roll (not the food people)." Sadly, there was no sand hill to roll the eggs down so we had to improvise. We ended up going to Sugarhouse Park, finding the biggest hill there, and rolling them down a little ditch that possibly had been dug by a motorcycle trying to climb it when it was wet. Before we rolled our eggs though, we flew kites. I've grown up flying kites. On windy Sunday afternoons, we would pull out all of our kites, including my dad's home-made high-performance ones that we always crashed, and go fly them in our back yard. I guess it's kind of an Asian thing to do. Because kite flying was so normal in my house, imagine my surprise when Danny told me how seldom he flew kites growing up. Sad!! Anyway, I think he was pretty excited to fly one the other day. Here are some pictures of the day:

Rolling eggs down the not so smooth and not so big hill. This photo was taken more towards the end of the egg roll. The most memorable thing about the whole day was the flock of seagulls that attacked our eggs as they were rolling down the hill. They ate every last one of them. Crazy birds.

Some of the fam: Dad, Yuki, Miya, Ethan, Jordan, Aaron

Photo taken at the start of the egg roll (notice there are no seagulls yet).

Ethan and Yuki watching the kite.


Danny flying a kite.









Charlie sleeping at the top of the hill.










Dad and Miya flying the kite.

Grandkids and Grandpa.

4 comments:

Jared and Stacy Gillins said...

Seidi! this is Stacy (Anderson) Gilins. I'm so glad I found your blog! I can't believe you had a baby! It has been so long (obviously!) since I've seen you! Congratulations. He is so so cute! :)

andrea said...

good job on having a baby- and being so pretty while doing so.

The Boothes said...

Charlie is soooo cute. Congrats Lady!!!

Unknown said...

Seidi! Jenny just found my blog and told me that you had on too! It's fun to see what you've been up to... like having a baby and stuff! Congrats! He's a handsome little guy :)