7:01 AM

Valentines Day 2.14.08

I love Valentines Day!!! I've loved it even when I was a little girl with no boyfriend or anything like that. I loved making my valentine shoe-box decorated with paper and glitter. So fun. I loved getting valentines for my classes and of course, receiving them back. I love having a day to tell people how much I love them for being part of my life. I especially love my family and I love my Danny.

Valentine's Day is a special day for Danny and I because it kind of was our first date back in college. It's not our "official" first date because he wasn't allowed to ask me out at that point, but we did go to a BYU basketball game that night just the two of us. Of course, we were met up by friends afterwards. But, it was that night that we both knew that we both were interested in each other. I actually had made little Valentine note cards for most of my friends that day and gave them two little dove chocolate hearts with the cards. I was about to give Danny and Brock theirs when I spilled my drink all over them. Sadly, but true, Danny's was the only one that was ruined. He says he was very disappointed, but even more so when I made him another and didn't confess my love to him. :) Yeah right! Anyway, that was 4 years ago. Crazy! Who would have thought that I would marry him and be pregnant with his kid!!!

Well, for Valentine's Day, Danny made me sweet rolls for breakfast and got me this really cool flower tree. We don't know what kind it is but it's really cool. Last year, Danny got me an orchid for Valentine's Day and after that, we are totally sold on potted plants. They last so much longer! My orchid bloomed for at least 6 months after he bought it for me. Anyway, I love this little tree he got me. It's so cute! I told Danny that I would be in charge this year of Valentine's Day. I feel bad that the boy always has to make the plans. So I just made him dinner at home and then we went to the temple afterwards. It was a fun night and a great day that we got to spend together. I love my husby!

7 comments:

Jason Graham said...

Seidi! Hey yeah, we live in down town Salt Lake. And heck yes we should get together. We were living in Boston but I got a job working for the Church so we moved here. Let's get in touch and say harro. Hope things are going well with baby!

heather said...

I love the picture!! And what a great idea of getting potted plants - I'm definitely going to try that!

Haylee said...

Hey Seidi! I don't know if you remember me but I was really good friends with Aimee and Steve!!

Soren and Kilee Nickels said...

Way to conveniently hide your entire body in that shot. Come on dude, I know you look prego. Lets see it! Anyways I am glad you had a fun Valentine's Day. Ours was pretty low key, but nice.

Megan Bleazard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan Bleazard said...

What a sweet day. Brock did nothing for me as usual like every other special occasion/ holiday, because he is so romantic. And of course I got him all his favorite candy from his favorite candy store. He just doesn’t get it I swear i drop hints on things he could do or get but he doesn't listen. Oh and Seidi its 2009 not 2008.

Shauntae Marie said...

Hey Seidi I felt it was time that I come forth and let you know that I read your blog. I am glad to see that you are doing well. Congrats on the baby boy, how exciting. You are totally welcome to check out my blog but its private so if you'd like to see it just shoot me your email address to my email which is tomatoes36@yahoo.com or you can just send me a Facebook message.