10:01 PM

Ethan's Baptism, Visiting John, Charlie's First Ski

January 2010

So I skipped Christmas and New Year's because for some weird reason, I can't find our pictures!! So sad! They're not on my computer so I don't know where they are.

Ethan's Baptism-January 2, 2010
Ethan is the oldest grandchild on my side of the family. He gets a lot of pressure for it too. He has to be the example and is told that like at EVERY family gathering. Poor kid. I can't believe he is 8 years old. Time flies by so fast! Before I know it, Charlie will be getting baptized. Ethan is a great kid though. He's super talented, smart, and has a very tender heart. I love him and am so proud of him!

The Crew


Visiting John-January 3, 2010
We had the opportunity to go and visit our friend John Jones' resting place at the Nutty Putty Caves. We've been meaning to do it, but it's been hard getting out there. We went out as a little family with Danny and John's other buddy, Jake Jennings. The drive was longer than expected and it got a little crazy on the dirt roads, but in the end, we made it just fine and we were super happy we made the effort to go out. The whole time out there we kept saying, "In the spirit of John, let's go on an adventure!" We all miss John a lot, especially Danny, but we are very grateful for our memories of him. Even though this was an unexpected resting place for him, I think he is super happy with the view. It is truly beautiful out there.

Danny and Jake




Charlie's First Ski-January 5, 2010

A few days after visiting John, we decided to take Jake up to the cabin with Sam and Isaac. If you don't know, Jake is an intense skier and fully appreciates any kind of good powder. Those kind of people are always welcome at our cabin. Anyway, at the cabin, you can either ski/board down the road and have a snowmobile pick you up at the bottom or you can skin up hills(or whole mountains if you're my brothers) and then ski down. After the boys all went on an intense morning run, Sam came back and offered to take me and Charlie up "Oh Ya"(a run next to the cabin). Sam carried Charlie and I just skinned up after him. Some would say we were completely crazy but I think it was justifiably safe. :) Sam's a great skier and I completely trust him. Danny spent the whole time thinking about what he was going to say to Child Protective Services. Total worry wart in my opinion. So, we skinned up and skied down. It was super fun and I think Charlie enjoyed it.

Sam and Charlie skinning up.


Look how happy Charlie is!!


Our supporter and supervisor, Uncle Ziggy.


The First Ski!!!!



Completely Safe and Happy

6 comments:

A Close Family said...

Yay you posted!!! :) I'm so happy! I can't believe Charlie is so big now and he has to be one of the most adorable babies ever. Miss you! Are you down here in Provo often? Please come by and say hi next time you are!

heather said...

I love how you went to visit John and took pictures to share with us! Thank you! And I also can't believe Charlie has gone skiing already! Ryan will be mad at me for not letting us take Logan the last time we went! :)

Brynn and Jesse said...

That picture of you and Charlie skiing is the cutest thing ever! He is the most smiley baby and I love it!

Megan Bleazard said...

He is so cute! I just want to kiss his little cheeks. His scrubs were the cutest things ever! We wont be coming back till June, but I think we are staying a month or so. We have talked about trying to go up there for a couple of days so hopefully we can work something out. I really want to come!! I miss salt lake and I thought I would never say that! haha. How are rotations going? That was awesome danny got to do one with your dad! So fun! We miss you guys.

Erin said...

Oh my sin Innie. You have such an adorable baby. You're the cutest thing. I AM married now and living in Salt Lake. Both my hubbie and I are working, just enjoying life and each other. Where are you guys right now? Seriously love your smiling face. Have a great weekend!

Kilee said...

Cute kid! I can't believe you took him skiing! Soren thought it was cool! Is Charlie walking yet? Miss and love you all!